LINE-X Commercial Ind.
LINE-X® Industrial Coatings Division is a strategic business unit of LINE-X Protective Coatings specializing in multi-purpose polyuria and polyurethane protective coatings, engineered and tested to ensure superior protection to virtually any properly prepared surface. LINE-X industrial coatings are environmentally friendly, contain no volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and provide solutions for businesses that are subject to industry-specific regulatory compliances and severe service environments. LINE-X industrial coatings are used every day across a diverse range of industries, including chemical, construction, defense, manufacturing, mining, petroleum, transportation and more.
Companies around the world requiring the highest levels of corrosion, abrasion and impact resistance trust LINE-X polyurethane/polyuria elastomer coatings to keep their equipment and systems running at optimum efficiency.
LINE-X industrial coatings have virtually unlimited applications potential for any business serious about protecting and prolonging the life of its assets – be it plant equipment, delivery infrastructures or providing a safer employee environment.
Superior Corrosion Protection
LINE-X industrial coatings are designed to create an impenetrable barrier between valuable equipment and nature’s harshest elements, such as high humidity, salt water or extreme temperature changes.
Unmatched Abrasion and Impact Protection
Laboratory tests demonstrate excellent levels of abrasion and impact resistance under just about any severe-use condition. LINE-X outperformed all other leading materials, including carbon and stainless steel.
Blast Force Mitigation
The military and the defense industry in the U.S. and other countries have recognized LINE-X industrial coatings' blast mitigation product, PAXCON®, for its high levels of protection. In fact, LINE-X industrial coatings were statistically shown to outperform 27 other competitors in a battery of simulated tests conducted by federal agencies and the U.S. Department of Defense.
Comprehensive Environmental Protection
LINE-X industrial coatings are ideal for secondary containment applications, providing an additional layer of environmental protection wherever petroleum products or chemicals are stored.
Enhanced Employee Protection
A safe, non-slip surface is required for all work environments, including floors, stairwells, ramps, catwalks and other elevated structures. LINE-X industrial coatings deliver this, along with sound-deadening and vibration-damping characteristics.
COMMERCIAL PROJECTS & APPLICATIONS UTILIZING LINE-X INDUSTRIAL COATING
- Amerada Hess A/S
- Body Glove Corporation
- CP Kelco A/S
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc.
- International Theme Parks
- Kubota Tractor Corporation
- Maersk Oil & Gas A/S
- Mission Foods Corporation
- Rush enterprises Inc./Peterbilt
- Summerset Houseboats
- Yamaha Corporation
LINE-X Protective Coatings is the nation’s leading provider of spray-on protective coatings. Our products are utilized in commercial, industrial, agricultural, military and custom applications. LINE-X specializes in spray elastomers polyurethanes and polyuria's and has led the industry through many years of actual field testing. Specialized equipment is combined with the right materials and product knowledge to produce spray-able elastomeric coatings.
Headquartered in Santa Ana, California, with more than 550 locations in 26 countries, it is the goal of LINE-X to consistently produce the highest quality and most reliable materials available. LINE-X is also focused on developing new protective coatings for a wide range of retail, industrial and other applications needing extreme protection.
LINE-X introduced LINE-X Industrial Coatings Division in 1999 to manage the expanding commercial, industrial and military applications around the globe. In 2000, the spray-on industry technology leader LINE- X began to explore new blast mitigation technologies against the backdrop of increasing Homeland Security concerns and anti-terrorist tactical development; thus leading to the creation of PAXCON® Protective Coatings.
LINE-X Protective Coatings is the spray-on sector technology leader. Check out some of the many reasons why below:
- LINE-X invests millions of dollars in research and development. We are the only one in our industry with a dedicated R&D staff and a 15,000-square-foot facility specifically and only used for research. For most of our new products, we own the IP, unlike our competitors who partner with companies with existing products, relabel the products and then market them as their own.
- Recognized market leader in the spray-on truck bed liner industry consistently since 2005 (Source: Frost & Sullivan Study 2006 and 2008).
- First successful high-temp/high-pressure elastomeric bed liner.
- First nationwide spray-on truck bed liners and protective coating franchise. Recognized in Inc. 500 and Entrepreneur Magazine. Also recognized in most major truck publications, including Motor Trend, Trucking, Sport Truck, Street Trucks, Petersen’s 4-Wheel & Off-Road and many more.
- First commercially available pure polyurea.
- First to develop a bomb blast coating. This coating has been tested by Army Corps of Engineers and the Air Force Research Laboratory. Product recognized by Popular Mechanics, nationwide TV news media, and 60 Minutes II.
- First to apply a non-skid pure polyuria onboard a U.S. Navy Submarine.
- First spray-on product to meet MSHA requirements for acceptance of flame-resistant solid products taken into mines.
- Only spray-on product in its category to be accepted by MSHA as non-strength enhancing mine sealant.
LINE-X industrial coatings have been tested by:
- International Organization for Standards (ISO 17025)
- American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA)
- Incidental Food Contact – FDA and USDA
- Fungus Resistance Testing – MIL-STD-810 F, Method 508.5
- Potable water per ANSI/NSF 61 Section 5
- ASTM E-84 – 01 – Class A (Standard Methods of Test For Surface Burning Characteristics of Building Materials)
- ASTM E-84 – 01 – Class B (Standard Methods of Test For Surface Burning Characteristics of Building Materials)
- ASTM E-162 -06 – Flame Spread less than 25 (surface flammability of Materials Using Radiant Heat Energy Source)
- ASTM E-662-06 - (Standard Test Method for Specific Optical Density of Smoke Generated by Solid Materials)
- MSHA Approval & Certification Center (Mine Safety and Health Administration)
- Suitability number MSHA – S30/00 – Non-Strength Enhancing Mine Sealant – Standard Application Procedure for Sealants Applied to Underground Ventilation Controls
- Acceptance number MSHA – CR-IC-249/1 – chute liner and cable reel - Standard Application Procedure for Acceptance of Flame-Resistance solid products taken into mines
- AFRL – Tyndall AFB
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- EMRTC (Energetic Materials Research & Testing Center) New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology
- H.P. White (Ballistic Testing)
- Water Regulations Advisory Scheme – BS 6920 – UK
- Certification of Conformity Food-Contact Material – UK
- BS 476 Part 7:1997 Classified as Class 1 – Method of the surface spread of flame products